Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fashion Film Festival


My dear Josephine,


Unfortunately the weather here is not nice enough to sit in parks anymore, apparently we will see the first snow on Saturday! Instead, I have been eating loads of clementines, that really mean autumn to me, and been amazed by the amount of brown leaves on the ground all around the city.

I spent the whole afternoon in the library today, and I came across the Fashion Film Festival that will take place at the Tate Modern, the Barbican and the BFI Centre from next week. They'll show rare films from the 40's to the 70's, all linked by the use of incredible costumes. The festival is, on top of everything, dedicated to the ways fashion has been represented in the cinema industry and how it has been popularised and interpreted through this media. It made me think of you. While I'm waiting to go to the screenings, I found some pictures that I really like.


Looking at some of these shots, I realised that Lady Gaga has invented nothing new.




Moulin Rouge, dir. E.A.Dupont, 1928

La Princesse Mandane, G.Dulac (1928)


Salomé, dir Charles Bryant, 1923


No comments:

Post a Comment