Monday, December 13, 2010

Elsa Schiaparelli

I'm sorry I've been such a slack blogger lately! Things are getting a bit crazy round here leading up to Christmas. I just wanted to share a lovely winter knitting project idea with you.
Do you know the designer Elsa Schiaparelli? I always thought she would be right up your alley. She designed amazingly inventive and beautiful clothes- she was more of an artist than a fashion designer in the sense that she was interested in making creative and artistic items as opposed to creating fashion trends.

I have been obsessed for ages with her amazing design for a knitted jumper with a faux bow collar, and I just recently found out that you can get this free knitting pattern for it online! Oh, how I wish I had some knitting skills. I don't know what point your knitting is at Elisa, but I can definitely see you wearing one of these, in bright Elisa colours of course!

3 comments:

  1. this is awesome! I'll definitely try to knit that, even though it'll take ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a similar idea once... a t-shirt with a tie printed on it. a couple of years later i saw one and blamed my laziness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the more i look at her picture, the more i like her!

    ReplyDelete