Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hitchcock

I've been watching loads of Hitchcock's movies lately (he was born in Leytonstone, East London - just around the corner!), and besides the amazing plots, I noticed such a good taste in clothing that I wanted to show you some of the outfits I thought were awesome. I love them because they are elegant but still practical, and as you know I have a passion for pastel colours. Most of the dresses have big belts tied around, which is actually my favourite part for a dream dress.
Here are some of the pictures I could find on the internet - it was a bit hard to find good ones for Psycho that were not from the shower scene (that really freaked me out!).

Dial M for Murder (1954)

Grace Kelly as Margot

Margot (this is my favourite outfit of all the time, and it suits her so perfectly!)

Margot again

Psycho (1960)

Janet Leigh as Marion Crane

Vera Miles as Lila Crane (she had such a perfect coat!)

The Birds (1963)


Tippie Hedren and Rod Taylor as the main characters



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh so awesome! Have you seen Rear WIndow? Grace Kelly is stunning in that and wears some pretty spectacular dresses :) I really enjoyed that movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, I've seen that one too. She's really amazing, I wish I had that wardrobe! Maybe you can sew something for me of that kind one day in your atelier? :) x

    ReplyDelete